We are seriously so lucky here in San Diego, and no, I’m not talking about the weather – I’m talking about the amazing companies headquartered here that churn out life-changing, globally impactful products year after year in our own backyard. We here at CONNECT are so fortunate to get an inside look at many of these companies and products, especially through the Most Innovative New Product Awards that we host each year – this being the 28th!
If you’ve never been to a Most Innovative New Product Awards ceremony, it is, hands down, THE most exciting night in innovation in San Diego. Spanning eight categories, this event showcases the best in new products created in San Diego in the last year across the innovation economy. From aerospace and active technologies to pharmaceuticals and cleantech – this baby has it all.
On December 1, the night will break down like this: first is the showcase and cocktail reception – grab a beverage and cruise the floor to talk to the people who actually invented these products. That opportunity in and of itself is awesome – you could literally be talking to the next Steve Jobs or Elon Musk. After the reception there’s the awards ceremony and let me tell you, the feeling in the room is electric. No one knows who the winner is until it’s announced live on stage and it’s thrilling to see people be recognized for their toil – blood, sweat and tears.
To hype you all up about San Diego’s best and brightest – and for the big night on December 1 – we’re launching a special series of blog posts to introduce you to The Finalists. Over the next four weeks, beginning October 26, we’re going to highlight two categories per week and talk about the companies and products that are Finalists, as well as give you some insights into the people behind them. We’re psyched, and we know you are too – but I promise you will be even more excited for the event after getting to know our Finalists firsthand.
- Monday, October 26 – Aerospace, Security, & Cyber Technologies, Finalists: Cubic Global Defense; Ocean Aero; Tortuga Logic, Inc.
- Wednesday, October 28 – Cleantech, Finalists: FluxPower, Inc.; Q Factory 33, LLC; Yulex Corporation
- Monday, November 2 – Communications & IT, Finalists: FieldLogix; Lytx, Inc.; Mushroom Networks, Inc.
- Wednesday, November 4 – Life Science Diagnostics & Research Tools, Finalists: CureMetrix; DermTech; GattaCo, LLC
- Monday, November 9 – Mobile Apps, Finalists: Boost Academy, Inc., Chalk Digital, Inc., Cubic Transportation Systems)
- Wednesday, November 11 – Pharmaceutical Drugs & Medical Devices, Finalists: PureWick, Inc.; RXSAFE, Inc.; Tandem Diabetes Care
- Monday, November 16 – Software & Digital Media, Finalists: AristaMD; Comhear, Inc.; SOCi, Inc.
- Wednesday, November 18 – Sport & Active Lifestyle Technologies, Finalists: 100%; Hookit; Hush
We’d love for you to join us on December 1 at CONNECT’s 28th Annual Most Innovative New Product Awards. For more info – visit our site here!