Didn’t have time to read all of the business highlights in San Diego this week? You’re in luck! Your high level dose of some of the top headlines in San Diego business and innovation is here.
- Clinical Trials to Harness Body’s Immune System to Fight Cancer Begin at UC San Diego Health: Three clinical trials are underway at the Moores Cancer Center to test a way to harness the body’s immune system to fight cancer, UC San Diego Health Sciences reported Tuesday. Scientists in the studies are using modified T cells — white blood cells that are one of the immune system’s primary weapons — to treat three different types of blood cancer that often defy existing therapies. Read more
- Cubic Lands $33.7 Million Army Contract: Cubic Corp. said this month that it has received a five-year, $33.7 million contract to support the U.S. Army’s Europe Joint Multinational Simulation Center in Germany. The award was a continuation of a previous Cubic contract to support mission rehearsal exercises and other training events, as well as simulation training for joint NATO and partner-nation militaries. Read more
- Zurampic (lesinurad) Approved in the European Union for Patients with Gout: AstraZeneca announced last week that the European Commission (EC) has granted marketing authorisation for ZurampicTM (lesinurad) 200mg in combination with a xanthine oxidase inhibitor (XOI) for the adjunctive treatment of hyperuricemia in adult gout patients (with or without tophi) who have not achieved target serum uric acid (sUA) levels with an adequate dose of an XOI alone. Read more
- Chicago PE Firm GTCR Buying Telematics Specialist Lytx for $500M+: The Chicago private equity firm GTCR has agreed to pay more than $500 million in cash to acquire Lytx, the San Diego-based provider of dashboard video telematics and driver risk management services, according to a statement late last week from Lytx. Read more
- DermTech to Present Late Breaking Abstract at AAD March 5, 2016: DermTech’s Validation and Utility of a Non-Invasive 2-Gene Molecular Assay for Cutaneous Melanoma, has been accepted for oral presentation as a Late Breaking Abstract at the 74th Annual AAD Meeting in Washington, DC, March 4-8, 2016. Read more
Want to see these types of news roundups each week in your inbox? Click here to sign up for CONNECT’s weekly e-newsletter!