Didn’t have time to read all of the business highlights in San Diego this week? You’re in luck! Your high level dose of some of the top headlines in San Diego business and innovation is here.
- Manpower Employment Report: The California Employment Development Department (EDD) released statewide county employment data recently for the December 2015 period. The data allows for a complete picture for year 2015, and shows that San Diego’s economy grew at an accelerated pace in 2015 compared to recent years. Read more
- LoanHero Receives Additional $2.5M in Seed Funding: LoanHero, a point of purchase lending platform based in San Diego, has received an additional $2.5 million in seed funding. This follows a $1.7 million funding round announced last June when the platform also announced a $20 million debt facility. According to information provided by LoanHero, Mucker Capital and Alsop Louie Partners provided the capital injection. Read more
- Your Doctor Is Arriving Now: The doctor will see you now. But not where you think. Thanks to on-demand health care app Heal, which expanded operations in San Diego earlier this week, your next doctor’s visit could take place on your turf — home, office, hotel, even coffee shop — and on your terms. Read more
- Software Aims to Make the Sale for the Hospitality Sector: After visiting hotels and restaurants abroad and struggling with the language barrier, Samantha Urban decided to use her skills as a software engineer to build a nimble digital menu application for the hospitality industry that could translate the content into any language and drive sales. Read more
- UC San Diego Health Selects Nashville Firm to Run Oncology Center: UC San Diego Health system has chosen Nashville-based e+CancerCare to operate its Chula Vista radiation oncology facility. The company will fully take over financial and operational support for the facility, which helps serve patients of Moores Cancer Center. Read more
Want to see these types of news roundups each week in your inbox? Click here to sign up for CONNECT’s weekly e-newsletter!