Didn’t have time to read all of the business highlights in San Diego this week? You’re in luck! Your high level dose of some of the top headlines in San Diego business and innovation is here.
- Parallel 6 Acquires nPruv, Inc., CONNECT Springboard Graduate: Parallel 6, the leading provider of mobile clinical solutions, today announced its acquisition of nPruv, Inc., the developer of a patient matching and predictive modeling solution for clinical trial patient recruitment. Read more
- Alzheimer’s Advances on the Horizon: The human brain is most complex object in the known universe. And what causes this seat of consciousness to slowly and irreversibly deteriorate from Alzheimer’s disease is one of medical science’s greatest mysteries. Sanford Burnham and UC San Diego researchers weigh in. Read More
- $1.2B in Venture Capital Invested in San Diego in 2015 says PwC MoneyTree Report: Venture capitalist investment in San Diego companies grew to $1.17 billion on 101 deals in 2015, according to the MoneyTree™ Report from PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC) and the National Venture Capital Association (NVCA), based on data provided by Thomson Reuters. This amount represents the best year, in terms of venture capital dollars invested, since 2012 when $1.18 billion was invested in San Diego. Read More
- Otonomy Inc. Announces Close of $115 Million Public Offering: San Diego drug developer Otonomy Inc. announced Jan 12 the closing of its $115 million public offering of stock. The previously announced public offering included 5,750,000 shares of its common stock, and an additional 750,000 shares (sold pursuant to the underwriter’s full exercise of their option to purchase additional shares) at the price of $20 per share. Read More
- Cubic to Exhibit Realistic and Immersive Training Solutions for Law Enforcement at SHOT Show: Cubic Global Defense (CGD), a business unit of Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB), announced it will showcase various firearms training solutions at SHOT Show, being held this week in Las Vegas. SHOT Show is the largest tradeshow for professionals involved in shooting sports, hunting and law enforcement and attracts attendees from all over the world. Read more
Want to see these types of news roundups each week in your inbox? Click here to sign up for CONNECT’s weekly e-newsletter!