For the past 25 years CONNECT has been a catalyst for innovation in the San Diego community. One of the most important responsibilities CONNECT has in maintaining the vibrancy of start-up activity locally is to ensure that the conditions for innovation remain robust. These conditions are directly affected by federal, state and local legislation.
The responsibility of the CONNECT Public Policy Committee members is to review initiatives and legislation, discuss the impact on San Diego start-ups, and recommend policy positions.
CONNECT’s Public Policy Committee meets every other month at the CONNECT offices. If you would like to serve on CONNECT Public Policy Committee, contact Theresa Andrews, Director of Public Policy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Policy Committee Members
- Ted Roth (Chair), President, Roth Capital Partners
- Jason Anderson, Vice President, CleanTECH San Diego and Executive Director, CleanTECH San Diego Education Foundation
- Bruce Artim, Director, Federal Affairs, Lilly
- Lee Barken, Partner, Haskell & White LLP
- Leo Bottary, Vice President, Public Affairs, Vistage International Inc.
- Julia Brown, Director, Targacept, Inc.
- Efrem Bycer, Manager, Economic Development, San Diego Regional Economic Development Corporation
- David Drucker, DataSkill
- Karen B. Dow, Partner, Sughrue Mion, PLLC
- Mike Elconin, Technology and Business Advisor, von Liebig Center Jacobs School of Engineering, UC San Diego
- Doug Farry, Managing Director, McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Todd Gillenwater, Vice President, Public Policy, CHI
- David Hall, Partner, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton
- Karen Hewitt, Partner, Jones Day
- Greg Horowitt, Executive Director, Global CONNECT
- Jimmy Jackson, Vice President, Public Policy, BIOCOM
- Ron Katznelson, President, Bi-Level Technologies
- Alan Kholos, Director, Legal Operations & Government Relations, CareFusion
- Gary Klein, Vice President, Pubic Policy, CONNECT
- Nick Leibham, Of Counsel, K&L Gates LLP
- Robert McCray, CEO, Wireless Life Science Alliance
- Anton Monk, Entrepreneur
- Nancy Noe, State Government Affairs, Johnson & Johnson
- Vicki Norton, Partner, Duane Morris
- L. Tyler Orion, Interim President, CONNECT
- Todd Phillips, Director of Governmental Relations and Legislative Affairs, San Diego Workforce Partnership
- Monique Rodriguez, Senior Manager, Government Affairs, Qualcomm Inc.
- David Schroeder, Director, Federal Government Relations, UC San Diego
- Patrick Shipley, Vice President, Government Affairs, Lytx
- Sedrick Spencer, Director, State Government Relations, Celgene
- Ken Stanwood, President & CEO, Cygnus Broadband
- Bill Walton, Associate Director, Chairman, SD Sport Innovators